Holmarc's (HO-NFES-040D model) Electro-spinning equipment is the entry level for doing Nanofiber Electrospinning.
It is used to make nano and micro fibers ranging from 50nm to 5 microns in diameter. Many kind of polymers like Protein nanofibers, carbon nanotubes, inorganic nanofibers etc. can be synthesized using our nano fiber electrospinning unit. Our equipment uses horizontal spinning when compared to other equipments available in the market. This technology assures the quality of the spun fibers with no dip and uneven diamter. It features user friendly and task oriented design. The ease of operation and competitive pricing places our equipment ahead of other products available in the market.
Holmarc's HO-SPLF-ES1 model single syringe pump render a smooth and uninterrupted flow enabling uniform spinning. HMPSKV30 model high voltage power supply delivers 0-30 KV output voltage range with a maximum current capacity of 0.5 mA.
HO-FH-05 model fume hood provides the compact unit an enclosed atmosphere with 3 transparent side walls to monitor the electro spinning process. The hood also has features like exhaust fan, granite work surface and optional features like high bright halogen lighting, duct of custom dimension to be connected to an exhaust duct available onsite etc. as with the other model. This model uses a microprocessor based control unit that interfaces the operations of the syringe pump and Mandrel.
I. High Voltage Power Supply
HOLMARC HO-NFES-040 comes with HMPSKV30 model high voltage power supply. It has 0 - 30kV output voltage range with a maximum current capacity of 0.5mA. Output voltage and current can be set using front panel knobs and readout from the digital panel meters.
1. 0 - 30kV Single Output, 0.5mA max Current
2. Digital Voltmeter and Current meter
3. Static Removal Device - Shorting Stick
4. Constant current / Constant Voltage mode of operation
5. Built-in ARC Circuit Protection
II. Single Syringe Pump
In HOLMARC’S HO-SPLF-ES1 model single syringe pump, the speed and flow rate can be changed to achieve custom fabrications of fibers.
It can operate with standard off-the-shelf syringes made of plastic, glass or stainless steel. The microprocessor based control circuit can render a flow rate of 16 µl/hr to 630 ml/hr (with 5ml Syringe). The syringe diameter, spin duration or the target
volume can be set by the user through the ElectroSpinner software interface.
1. To dispense from standard disposable or glass syringes from 2.5 to 60ml
2. Syringe holder made of insulating material to work under high voltage conditions
3. Motor control through microcontroller to control and indicate flow rate
4. PC based control with documentation of parameters like syringe diameter, flow rate, spray duration etc.
5. Manual height adjustment platform to vary the pump height according to the target height.
III. Rotating Mandrel
Rotating mandrels of 75mm dia. which comes with the electrospinning unit can be used as a target to get an aligned continuous mesh of nanofiber. It has a speed range of 300rpm to 4000rpm suitable for electrospinning. Grounding of the mandrel to the HV power supply is attained through a carbon brush contact. The rotating mandrel has a speed stability of +/- 1%
1. Stainless steel drums of different sizes
2. Rotational Speed : 300 - 4000 rpm
3. Grounding facility : Available
4. Actuator : Microprocessor controlled BLDCmotor with hall sensor feedback
5. Speed stability : +/- 1%
6. PC based control with documentation of speed and duration
IV. Fume Hood
HOLMARC’s HO-FH-05 model fume hood provides an enclosed atmosphere for electrospinning. An enclosed chamber is necessary to protect the user from pollutant air caused by solvent evaporation during the process. It comes with an exhaust fan attached or optionally with a duct of custom dimension so that it can be connected to an exhaust duct available onsite.
A common electronic control unit for all the devices in the electrospinning system is integrated within the hood.
The fume Hood has transparent side walls and front door shield made of float glass. This ensures good visibility of the process. High intensity light from the optional halogen lamp illuminates the nanofibers being spun on its way to the target. The table top is made of granite which makes the cleaning process easy.
1. Standalone unit with in-built power supply and wiring for the heater, lighting and exhaust
2. Transparent glass windows on three sides for easily monitoring the electrospinning process
3. Foot print: 1000mm x 800mm x 1080 mm
4. Construction Material: Stainless Steel, Aluminium & Glass
5. Epoxy coated for electrical insulation
6. Exhaust fan ventilation at the top of the hood which can be connected to an exhaust outlet available at the customer facility.
a. Normal Glass Syringe
b. Spare Needle